Due to two of the protection systems found in MalwareBytes, it may sometimes interfere with the processes our VPN application requires to operate. Here are the steps to resolve this:
- Right-click on the Malware Bytes icon in your system tray.
- Click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Click the Settings icon at the top.
- Select the Detection and Protection menu on the left-hand side of the window.
- Click into the drop-down menu under the heading "PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) detections", and select "Warn User About Detections"
- Click into the drop-down menu under the heading "PUM (Potentially Unwanted Modification) detections", and select "Warn User About Detections"
These changes save automatically once made. After this, MalwareBytes will warn you before modifying or removing our software, giving you the chance to tell your security software that our VPN is desired.