Uninstalling the app
- Find the PIA VPN app icon on your app screen (White square with our green robot icon in the middle).
- Hold your finger on the app icon until all icons start to wiggle and you see a circle with an x in the upper left hand corner of the app icon.
- Tap the x; a prompt stating Delete "PIA VPN" will appear. Choose Delete.
- Press your Home Button (the physical button on front of your device, down the bottom) to stop the other apps from wiggling.
Resetting your network settings
This can be required when reinstalling, in order to fully reset your devices networking details.
Please note that resetting your network settings will remove all saved Wifi and Bluetooth profiles.
- Open the Settings app and navigate to Settings > General > Reset
- Tap on `Reset Network Settings`
- Reboot your device and make sure your Wifi is connected
Verifying your login details
This is useful if you're having login issues with our app, and can help confirm whether the app itself is having issues or whether your account password may need to be reset by our team.
Try logging in to our client area, located here, using your VPN username and password. Your username should be something like p12345678, and the most recent password may be in your email inbox. If you have devised a custom password using the tool on our website, use that password instead.
If you are able to log in, then your login details are correct and should work when logging into the PIA app.
Installing the PIA App
Following these steps should let you install our iOS app.
- Open the "App Store" (Blue square with white 'A' in a white circle).
- In the App Store, tap on "Search" on the bottom bar.
- Tap the search bar at the top of this screen and type in Private Internet Access.
- Our app should be the first result, "Private Internet Access™ Anonymous..." by London Trust Media Inc.
- Tap the cloud icon with a downward pointing arrow.
- The cloud will turn into a blue circle with a blue square in the middle. Once this circle completes, it will turn into a box with a blue outline that says "OPEN".
- Tap OPEN.
- Carefully type in your PIA username and password verified above. (Note: this cannot be copy/pasted, due to a bug in iOS that can corrupt copy/pasted data).
- Tap Login.
- A prompt stating, "PIA VPN would Like to Add VPN Configurations - All network activity on this iPhone may be filtered or monitored when using VPN". This message is required for all VPN applications that use the App Store; rest assured that as per our service policies, we will never filter or monitor your activity.
- Tap Allow.
- A Touch ID or a PIN confirmation will appear, either use Touch ID or the 4 digit code used to unlock the phone here.
- Lastly, the app will ask you to allow notifications. This is entirely optional and will not affect the functionality of the app; it simply may be used for things like account expiration notifications.
If you encounter issues following any of these steps, please feel free to reach out to our support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , and we'll be able to help you further.