There are several reasons that keep you from receiving your account login information; we'll outline the most common causes below:
New Account Purchases
- Ensure you are checking the correct email account: When a subscription account is generated, you will be sent an account package under the email address associated with the payment method (e.g. accounts bought using Paypal will issue account details to your Paypal email address).
- Payment has failed or was delayed: Please check your bank/payment statement to ensure the payment completed successfully. If there is a message in the payment details that says "Pending", "Open", or any other message that might suggest the payment has not been fully processed, it likely means the payment is being processed by your bank before being forwarded to us. Once this happens (which can take several days), the payment will be sent along to us and an account will be created.
- Typo made when entering your email address during purchase.
- Our emails are being filtered to your Spam folder: It's possible that the emails coming from our account system may be accidentally being misinterpreted as spam mail, and are being filtered to your Spam folder in your email client.
Your email address has been unsubscribed from our mail server: In each email originating from our company, there is an "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom. This link, if clicked, will add an exception to our account system's email server, preventing that mail server from sending you account/billing messages to the unsubscribed email address. If you believe this may have occurred with your email address, you can submit a support ticket here and we'll be able to re-subscribe your email address to resume getting password emails.
- Your email host is blocking emails originating from our account system: Some email hosts may misinterpret emails originating from our accounting system, and may flag our domain as spam, similar to explained above. However, since this is at a server level, this is not something you would be able to directly configure or change, and would require your email host themselves to whitelist our email domain. Commonly, the only recourse would be to change the email address associated with your Private Internet Access account, to one on an entirely different email domain. To make this change, follow the steps in this article.
If you are unable to determine or resolve the cause of your login email not arriving, please feel free to contact support at any time by submitting a ticket, and we will respond as soon as possible.