This issue can occur if your Windows system isn't configured correctly or if a piece of software has corrupted this setting.
This issue is categorized by these messages in openvpn.log:
Tue Sep 27 16:10:48 2016 Can't open WFP engine Tue Sep 27 16:10:48 2016 Blocking DNS failed! Tue Sep 27 16:10:48 2016 Exiting
To fix this issue, you can follow these steps:
- Hold down the Windows key and tap 'R' to bring up the Run menu.
- Type services.msc into the box and press Enter.
- Go to 'Base Filtering Engine' and double-click on that item.
Note: If you don't see BFE in the list of Services, the BFE/Firewall services may be missing from your machine. If this is the case, please try these instructions, then restart your machine and try to connect with our app again: https://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/1695
- Switch 'Startup Type' from Disabled to Automatic.
- Click OK.
- Close the Services editor and restart your machine.
This should fix the WFP engine issue and allow our app to connect successfully.